Paper scraps greeting cards

I told you we love making greeting cards , did I :)

We are travelling to Poland this week so I thought it would be nice to make some cards for the family members who support us in many ways.
As a mother I love when Ela is involved as much as possible in any crafts , therefore the idea for the cards was very simple and easy yet stylish at the same time.
Again , reusing what we have was important.
This time the main item was a paper scraps .
It's one of those things I always keep ;)
Coloured card stock , wrapping paper, printed craft paper etc.




Lets have a look at what we used for our little project :
- paper scraps
- A4 thick white photo paper
- black Sharpie marker pen
- double sided padded tape

Step 1.
Get you child to draw the flowers on a paper scraps .
Many flowers, all kinds of flowers!They don't need to be perfect, a childish look is what make them cute I think ;)






Step 2.

Cut all the flowers out, yourself.
Perfectly at the same time as drawing , flower by flower , so non of you get bored ;)
Flower is still a tricky shape to cut out for five years old , you will do it quicker.
Not too neatly , remember childish is what we want!




Step 3.
Cut the tape and get your kid to stick the flowers on a folded in half white thick A4 paper.

 







No Ela, that is not enough :)

Sure mama, sure...

Factory mode on ...

but with a joy :)




Ela needed some brake from sitting.
Well, that's almost done...


Step 4.
Draw a stems.
I decided to add some simple stems myself so they straight and neat ;)







There you have it ,
our paper scrap greeting cards !




I think they really cute , what do you think?




Very easy and enjoyable :)

Happy crafting!








13 comments:

  1. I'm surly making these with my students this weekend they are absolutely gorgeous and so simple. Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claudia,so glad to hear it!
      Please do send me a photo of the results on my fb page, this would make me happy :)
      All the best!
      https://www.facebook.com/mamaisdreaming/

      Delete
  2. Hey, greetings from Brazil! This is so pretty! I´ll be making these cards with my daughter soon to mail family that live abroad. Really enjoy your blog, your creativity is captivating and inspiring! Btw, love cats too =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Larissa!
      Thank you so much for taking time to comment, this is so encouraging <3
      Greetings from London :) xx

      Delete
  3. Hi! I just wanted to thank you for sharing this tutorial. I hand make cards for a charity here in Australia, and needed some ideas. I followed your instructions and made about 30 of these to give away. They turned out lovely - and please thank Ela for showing me how to draw flowers! I had to learn from her different flower kinds, they are wonderful! The cards I made will be given to kids in hospital and I am sure they will bring some smiles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you just made my day by posting that comment!
      So motivating, I'm happy to know we're inspiring others and sharing useful ideas :)
      Will pass it on to Ela when she is back from holidays ;)
      Thank you, all the best <3

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi!
      Did they came out nice and easy for you?
      Happy new year :)

      Delete
    2. Haven't done it yet, but I WILL! Have plenty of scraps. Happy New Year to you and your pretty little daughter!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!
    tackkort

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable. Thanks so much for posting. The photos are great. I can't wait to make these with my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      Please do share the results with us ;)

      Delete